Saturday, May 24, 2008

I swear I am being followed by Randy Travis

DISCLAIMER: I am the very opposite of a country music fan. There is absolutely no reason for any of this. But it's so crazy that it commands a blog post....

I have some really whacked out dreams at times. And I had one a few weeks ago about Randy Travis' mansion in Northern Italy (looked kind of like Venice, but it wasn't!), his current girlfriend, his ex-wife (mind you, I know almost nothing about this guy), and some people I haven't seen in years. Not only did it include weird people, the place where it was located even had a name - it was on the Carpathian Sea. (In my dream, I was actually reasoning that the SS Carpathia is the ship that saved the Titanic's passengers, so it made some kind of sense in my subconscious.)

The dream itself was weird enough, but now I am convinced that for some strange cosmic reason, I am being followed by Randy Travis.

Seriously, I swear I haven't even heard his name in a decade, BUT --

- I was reading a novel that same week and a character turned on the radio and a Randy Travis song was playing.

then...

- I was watching National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets this past week - and he is IN THE MOVIE. Of all people, it was him playing at the president's birthday!

THEN....

I was driving downtown today and passed a billboard for Caesars Windsor. You can guess who they were announcing will be playing there.

I can assure you, I am NOT a closet Randy Travis fan and I cannot tolerate country music. And if I DID like country, his is definitely not the music I would choose.

If anyone wants to take a stab at why I am suddenly a magnet for Randy Travis, please tell me!

And none of that stuff about the Law of Attraction - you attract what you think about. He was never even on my radar! Unfortunately, now he seems to be EVERYWHERE and it's freaking me out!!!

Why oh why can't it be George Clooney?!?!

No comments: