Friday, February 15, 2008

So much going on!

Hi folks,
I've been pretty absent from my blog recently. Regrettably. Things are moving at such a fast pace lately that I just can't keep up. So much client work coming in. I can barely keep track of it all!

I was in NYC over the weekend. So much great stuff happened there. Got to see a little of Fashion Week, we did some shopping, spent a day at the Met. I was there to take a class from the FABULOUS author and image consultant Brenda Kinsel at FIT. Here's a pic of Brenda and me ~


And this is Brenda's latest book:
It's a must-have for any woman of style - or for one who wants to learn! (I have a feeling my mom will be getting it for her birthday on President's Day which we'll probably celebrate on Sunday, although I haven't heard anything yet. It will be added to her purse and scarf. Her daughter has such fabulous taste!)

I'm quoted this week in Crain's. Nothing related to style or image. In fact, it's all about a scam someone tried to pull on me. But I thwarted that by contacting the FBI, who verified that it was indeed a scam. HA! It wasn't your normal, everyday email scam. I can't post a link for the next couple of weeks, but I'll make it available when I can.

(There was something very Scooby Doo about that whole experience...)

Looks like I'm going to be a teacher! That was once probably my greatest fear - having to go back to school! But now, I am absolutely exhilarated about the possibilities being offered to me. More details to come once I firm everything up in the next week or two. Looks like I will be teaching Fashion Consulting and Accessories at a local fashion college. Amazing!

In addition, my buddies Joelle and Leslie and I (along with several others) are working on an ebook Challenge! We are writing our ebooks in the month of March. It's exciting to me because unlike my conventional book, writing an ebook is a low-stress exercise with a definite beginning and end. My ebook is called The Style Spy: Kristen's Top Secrets for Image, Fashion & Style Success. Totally exciting!!

So even though I've been absent from the blog, life has been crazy and fun! I promise to do a better job of keeping everyone posted!

P.S. I am frightened that Cleveland.com's blog watchers picked up that previous Muppet fur post. Is that newsworthy - or just plain stupid?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering where you were. Sounds like you've been a busy girl. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I just bought that book. It looks good so far.