Sunday, January 13, 2008

An Interesting Week

Interesting...not in the good sense.

Wednesday PM - my 2 year old laptop died. The motherboard went - better to buy a new one than replace - I am in mourning for my pretty laptop :(

Thursday morning 4:00am - tree fell due to high winds - hit the house and nearly demolished the deck


Friday - Booked my shortest trip to NYC ever - a little over 24 hours - just how I like it! Taking a class from the great Brenda Kinsel, author of 5 books, including the recently released Fashion Makeover: 30 Days to Diva Style. (I want Brenda to be my mom!!) Staying right outside the city with a client/friend of mine. That should be so much more peaceful. I just can't get into the New York City life - and I've tried. Give me L.A. any day over New York. Give me 5 years and I will be at least a part-time West Coast girl, although my heart is in Cleveland, my body would prefer to be in Santa Monica or Palm Springs!

Saturday - purchased my new laptop, tree almost 100% cleared away by the contractor people, lunched with about 16 aerobics instructors from my gym (I know, huh?), discovered that my big toenail on my right foot is coming off very close to the base - SCARY - both my mom and grandma have big toe toenail issues, so I guess I am the third generation. I am so vapid - all I can do is put a big band aid on it (so I don't think about it - it HURTS!) and be thankful it isn't sandal season.

Sunday will include helping train my friend's new 1-1/2 year old dog Biscuit (Maltese/Poodle mix), who is having some behavioral issues. Not that I'm Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, but Bailey had issues we had to work on with her and I can give some insight to my friend (and treats to Biscuit). I'm also working on a branding project with another friend and fellow entrepreneur. And Monday is stacked with meetings. Busy, busy, busy. I need another vacation!

Other not-so-interesting stuff - I also did a lot of working out this week (feel my quads, dammit!) and business dining (so glad to have a respite from writing!) and saw Sweeney Todd. Couldn't believe the gallons and gallons of blood spilled.

We haven't seen this much hemoglobin in a Johnny Depp film since the infamous blood geyser in A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Pete Vonder Haar
Film Threat
I would also like to add that Johnny Depp is a genius (but everyone already knows that) and Helena Bonham Carter deserves an Oscar nomination for this role. And they both can sing pretty well - although I did notice that "Mr. Depp" had his own vocals producer and technician.

Still, it was very effective.

Oh, and Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat!) stole the movie. His part was way too small - much like in Talladega Nights. He is one of the great movie stealers of the moment.

Felt the need to explain what I know about Stephen Sondheim - a self-loathing gay man, whose mother told him daily that she wished he was never born. Wouldn't that cause YOU to write dark musicals too? Just look at Send in the Clowns from A Little Night Music. Awfully depressing. Although the amount of gore in Burton's Sweeney was so ridiculous that all we could do was chuckle nervously as the super-fake looking blood poured (and gushed) and bodies dropped - usually on their heads. With a few gasps and eeews thrown in for good measure. We ARE girls, of course!

No comments: