Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Drunk Cookie Monster :(

I mentioned my cracked toenail in my prior blog.

Sunday, it felt fine. Today, I had a bunch of appointments all day long. It was throbbing to the point that I couldn't stand it any longer. So I got the family podiatrist's info from my dad and made an appointment for right after my final meeting.

The nail clearly had to come off, so the doc sprayed a topical analgesic on there to see if it would numb it enough or if he had to call out the big guns - meaning shoot me full of lidocaine or whatever he uses. Well, the topical didn't work, and he warned me about how painful the injections are. And boy were they. I have had a lot of surgery in the past, but it was nothing compared to the intense pain of five shots to the foot (in between my toes, etc). Ouch!!!

So after the toenail was removed painlessly (and he spared what he could of what remained), I went home, took Advil, put on some nature sounds on XM and went to bed. I got up a couple of hours later and took some more Advil and had a big peppermintini, using whatever supplies were left from Christmas. To say I am comfortably numb would be an understatement.

I also realized I look like Cookie Monster in my furry blue jacket.

Poor me. I have nightmares about my feet. And now some of them came true :(

But the podiatrist, Dr. Scott Hirsh, was gentle and kind, so I will be forever appreciative of that.

But still, the toe trauma! Waaaaa!

No comments: