Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lip Gloss, Brit-Brit & Bridget

With my lunch meeting canceled today, I went to some lame, but really close by places - Sally's, Kohl's and my old standby Target.

I've been using hot rollers lately, and with my thick-but-thin hair (meaning I have lots and lots of hair, but each individual strand is very fine), I have a hard time maintaining my curls. So I went to Sally's to see what kind of potion I don't yet have to help my curls. I found some kind of gel - which I haven't used yet. We shall see.

But the real find was LIP GLOSS. The Savvy label has some decent stuff that I've used before. But this gloss is unbelievable. It stays, first of all!! That's hard to find. Second, it is super-iridescent. It's Savvy Diamonds Sparkling Lip Gloss. I bought Peach Diamond (peachy-pink) and Rouge Diamond (looks kind of wine-y, but is very sheer). Good stuff. And trust me, I am a lip gloss maniac. I try every kind I see and I have a huge bin of it. This is very good stuff.

After Sally's, I went to Kohl's. I never buy anything there, besides the infrequent pair of earrings. I hate their clothes. The Vera Wang collection (Simply Vera) is especially U-G-L-Y. Today I was scrounging around in the jewelry section, which is right next to the fine fragrances. I saw a cool dark bottle, that looked like Britney's Fantasy bottle. It was Midnight Fantasy, by Brit-Brit.

Let me first tell you that I am super specific about perfumes. I don't usually wear any, but when I do, it's Cashmere Mist or Victoria's Secret's Love Spell or Dior Addict. I DO NOT buy celebrity scents. No, no, no. But I tried this and LOVED IT. It's light and fruity with a little vanilla. Or, as the Macy's site states:

MIDNIGHT fantasy BRITNEY SPEARS™ seduces you when the clock strikes twelve. An intoxicating elixir of luscious fruits invites you into a mysterious realm of temptation and intrigue. A seductive floral bouquet mingles with sensuous musks and dark amber to create an unforgettable MIDNIGHT fantasy.

Well now my conundrum is whether to spend $55 on a bottle of it and fuel her drugged out lifestyle and poor mothering of her (really cute) kids, and hence lie to people when they compliment it and I ask what perfume I am wearing. Or not. I think the answer is obvious, but it REALLY smells wonderful!!

Darn you Britney!!!! Because you're stupid, I can't buy your perfume that I would wear every day in a heartbeat.

And finally, I was driving the 5 minutes home and heard Eric Carmen's All By Myself. Made me realize I need to watch Bridget Jones's Diary. That song plays during the movie's opening credits. Plus it's topical - it happens at Christmas time. And Colin Firth. Yummy....


[Bridget glimpses Mark for the first time]

Bridget: Perhaps this is the mysterious Mr. Right I have been waiting my whole life to meet.


[
sees reindeer sweater]


Bridget
: Maybe not.


No comments: