Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ann Coulter, You Look Like Crap

First off, this is NOT a political commentary. I am too turned off by politicians and pundits to care anymore.

But when I turned on the TV this morning, I saw something really, really scary that I had completely forgotten about. I guess Halloween is early this year.

Ann Coulter is one of the most clueless people I have ever seen. And I am not even talking about her political views. The way she looks completely turns me off (and I suspect many, many, many others) even before she opens her mouth.

Case in point:

Overly long hair on a woman of a certain age, who also happens to have a long, skinny face is a recipe for disaster. And it is far worse when she is whipping it back and forth every minute or so, in what I assume to be a nervous tick.

Horrible.

And if one has insanely long and skinny appendages – like a praying mantis – why would you make yourself look many times worse by showing them off? Coulter is known for wearing sleeveless black tops and dresses. Today, thankfully, she had on some kind of oatmeal-colored long sleeve top with a short, short, ridiculously short black skirt, which you could see every time the camera pulled back for a wide shot. This made me wonder - was she going for the Britney getting out of a car look??

Adding to the craziness, she was also wearing knee-high black dominatrix boots.

This is someone who is already made fun of by the media and the viewing audience for her extreme views. But she adds fuel to the fire by looking like a trainwreck. Not only can what you say and what you write be criticized, Ann, but your appearance, which YOU CAN CONTROL, is also widely condemned.

If you were as smart as you think you are, you would see that this is a seious problem and take steps to fix it. You may be one of those types who thinks that fashion is frivolous and unnecessary to get your serious message across. But you would be mistaken.

Two words:
IMPRESSION MANAGEMENT

This means that you have the power to control what others think of you by strategically planning your image.

I might even be fair and open my ears to hear what you have to say, but I refuse to do so because the way you look repels me so strongly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should we expect anything better from her? She is scary looking.