Friday, August 31, 2007

Pedophilia as Entertainment?

I have a new unhealthy obsession. I don't quest after Forensic Files and Cold Case Files or the defunct old show "Autopsy" on HBO anymore. Or even faked forensics like CSI or SpikeTV's new (game?) show Murder.

Nope.


Move over Court TV. My new addiction is
MSNBC and my new favorite show, To Catch a Predator. From the idiot child predators to the cheesy host, Chris Hansen, I cannot get enough of this stupid show! I used to run across it once in a while but now I am on the prowl, looking for it every time I turn on the TV.

What does it say about our society, when we have turned the creepy and depraved into fodder for our own entertainment? Men lusting after young teenage girls and boys on the net (ewwww), whether one believes they are being trapped or not, should not be what we watch to unwind and enjoy our leisure time. But somehow, I can't take my eyes off it. It's just a trainwreck.

How morally depraved are we as a society? And in the meantime, NBC is cashing in. And I am happily helping them.

And you thought pedophilia wasn't funny!?!

1 comment:

Stickman said...

Disturbing indeed.