Saturday, June 09, 2007

KK & the Lumberjack Song

As I was driving to Columbus this past Sunday, I was playing my Monty Python Sings CD. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a huge Python fan. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Python. I started this in high school and it became even worse in college.

Now I sporadically go through spurts when I really revisit my love of Python.
Something Python-related has been really speaking to me lately. Most people know of the Lumberjack Song. It's quite famous. Most also know that I write (duh!). I write a lot. Whether it's my book or articles for publication or online content, or even my blog. I write more than I ever intended to write. In fact, I am probably more of a writer than an image consultant at this point.


The Lumberjack song starts with, "I never wanted to be a (barber/weatherman depending on the version) anyway. I wanted to be....a Lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia!"

And then, of course, it goes into a cute little ditty about cross-dressing.

My thought is....I never wanted to be a writer. I never became an expert in the image industry in order to sit in front of a computer and write. If that were the case I could have become a journalist. Or a novelist.

Instead, I wanted to be A LUMBERJACK!

Well, not so much.

Part of me just wants to get back to closer to what I orignally intended - more focused on speaking in the corporate world and for women's organizations and working with clients. And the other part of me (the part that always wins) knows that writing is a major key to my current and lasting success and is how I get my message out to an ever-broadening market.

But....

I still want to be a Lumberjack.

Strike that. I want to be....a Pirate!


No comments: