Monday, July 27, 2009

How to get me to follow you on Twitter

As my follower list keeps growing, I honestly wish I could follow more people. I actually have a smidgen of guilt about this, but it's becoming unrealistic. I'm also challenged by going through Twitter's new follower list format to find people to follow. Is anyone else having issues with this?

This is how I determine who I will follow:

1. Be local. I follow almost everyone I find in my region. We just seem to have more in common.

2. Be in an industry that is related to mine. Naturally, I follow many people in style & beauty. I also follow a lot of career experts and recruiters because that's one aspect of my work.

3. Have an interesting Twitter bio. Being witty, clever, funny or mentioning the word "snarky" gets an automatic follow from me.

4. Send a note @ me and let me know to follow you. It's that easy.

No comments: