Admittedly I am not a "cryer." At movies, in life, etc. To prove that I am not a totally unemotional robot, I got a little teary-eyed when I saw the girls back together.
"My" old friends Carrie, Miranda, Samantha & Charlotte.
I'm not going to write a big long review since you can go online and read hundreds of 'em. But suffice to say, it WAS Christmas for a lot of us.
Favorite parts of the movie (no particular order):
- Carrie's 1980's fashion show, complete with banana clip
- Stanford & Anthony's New Year kiss. I remember how much they HATED each other!
- Any scene with Steve (He is my favorite character in the SATC universe. Aidan is second.)
- Charlotte's daughter Lily's sparkly cupcake purse (I want!)
- Miranda's clothes. Yes, MIRANDA's clothes. Cynthia Nixon wears clothes beautifully. Not everyone has that gift.
- The end, where they ordered Cosmopolitans (finally!) and they pondered why they don't order them anymore. Then someone said "because everybody else started drinking them!" A little wink to the fans.
- Carrie stated that she put a bird in her hair for Big. Until that point, I didn't know what that thing was. Turns out the others weren't sure either. Miranda: "I thought it was a feather."
(Is that a sign of love? That you're willing to stick a faux bird on your head? Perhaps she should have told Big that!)
- Charlotte's silly line for Big if she saw him. It was really ridiculous and really Charlotte!
- Candace Bergen. I loved seeing her again as Carrie's editor! I studied with one of the wardrobe stylists who dressed her on Murphy Brown and I feel like I know her.