Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Migraine & Mean Monkeys

I was sick in bed with a migraine today. Thankfully, I take it pretty easy on Mondays, so I was able to attempt to sleep it off. I needed to go out for Excedrin Migraine since the Advil Migraine fast-acting liquid caps don't work nearly as well. I am feeling better, except for the light sensitivity. Ugh!

I want to attribute this to the Indians imploding over the weekend. But it's probably really from my dream early this morning about not having enough credits to graduate from college. This has been a recurring theme in dreams ever since I graduated from college many years ago.

***

God (or someone equally powerful) will probably smite me for laughing at this, but sorry, I have monkey problems too. They just haven't killed me yet.

The funniest part? I don't know if it's the fact that there are "monkey catchers" who use bigger, meaner monkeys to scare away or catch the bad monkeys or that devout Hindus believe monkeys are manifestations of the monkey god Hanuman and feed them bananas and peanuts — encouraging them to frequent public places.

Really, it isn't funny - someone died. But if anyone's death could ever be humorous, this would be it. It's almost like a Monty Python sketch.

BTW, a bunch of people emailed me versions of that article today. I fear that I have been pegged as the patron saint (?) of bad monkeys. Great. Just great. I think I've been asking for it.

***

I've started putting my newsletter articles up here. The previous three posts are some of my favorites recently. I'm still trying to figure out what to write about this month and the deadline for submission (self-imposed - I also edit Kelly's and Wendy's articles) is today. The idea is always - what utter lunacy-masquerading-as-style-advice can I get away with? Monkeys in the Closet was immensely popular, as was Wardrobe Mixology (so-named because I wanted to have a cocktail party).

Okay, staring at the monitor is killing my light-sensitive eyes. Time for more Excedrin Migraine.

I am almost tempted to blame the head pain on the monkeys in my brain.....monkeys are a great scapegoat for anything! Try it sometime!!

No comments: