Monday, June 04, 2007

Does this make me a bad person?


I did something today that I have never done before.

I was doing a little morning bargain shopping in the Beachwood area and saw a pair of shoes I loved - Nine West bright navy patent peeptoe pumps. I have nothing even remotely similar.

Of course, I need more shoes like I need a hole in the head. But I bought them anyway. But it wasn't just to add another pair to my ridiculous collection.

I bought them because I didn't want anyone else to have them.

Is that bad karma?

It's just that they looked so good on my feet with the french tips on my toes peeking out that no one else should be allowed to have them, right?

And then on the drive home, I justified the purchase by saying it was a gift to myself since it was officially announced yesterday that I am president of the AICI OH/PA chapter. Hey, that's a big deal, right? Then it's a worthy reason to buy a pair of shoes!

Of course, I can always justify buying shoes. For me, buying a pair of shoes can be a good enough reason to buy more shoes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a funny blog. I read it often but this is my first comment. Bad karma because you bought shoes for the wrong reason?

Funny..

Anonymous said...

I think I have those same shoes. I love them.

fashion fairy said...

I totally have those same shoes.

Kristen Kaleal said...

That is so funny. And I wanted to keep people from getting their hands on them.

Of course I know they were mass-produced...but this pair of 7 1/2's couldn't be anyone's but mine!!