Saturday, February 24, 2007

It’s a Mod, Mod World for Spring

Snooping around the stores, I was surprised what’s coming in for spring. Where did these 60’s- inspired mod dresses and tops come from? Not that I am complaining – I love flowy, soft geometrics – but I just didn’t anticipate it. I’m not a trend junkie, but I was expecting menswear-inspired looks to dominate for spring.

So, my thought is this: COOL!


Mondrian-inspired color blocking seems to be back as well. I will avoid that and focus on the gorgeous soft prints that I always love.


There are also some fabulous shoes out there right now. This seems to be an “anything goes” shoe season with different styles, heel heights, and various heel shapes – wedges, chunky, platforms, stilettos, etc.

Flats are also going to be huge, but I am a heel girl, so flats won’t be in my rotation!

I am totally excited to do some serious shopping!

No comments: