Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to Yoga

It has really been too long since I have had a good yoga workout by myself. I’m trying to prime my body for a return date with Brenda the Yoga Nazi at Fitworks. Just jumping back into one of her classes is not an option since they are killer. It’s the equivalent of a yoga bootcamp twice a week. Not for the faint of heart by any means. Brenda's classes are a combination of ashtanga and vinyasa (flow) yoga. Not just your average power yoga, which is challenging enough for some people.

Before I start twisting myself up in all kinds of weird positions, I need to get my muscles back in gear. I didn’t realize I was so stiff. I may take a couple week’s worth of classes from a less difficult instructor in addition to practicing at home, just to ease myself back in.

In the past, I really got in great shape through yoga. I felt fabulous and had killer triceps. I want to get back to that point by May. I figure that putting it in writing and putting a date on it will make my resolve that much greater.

Killer triceps, here I come!

No comments: