Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Unintentional Insights

What an exciting weekend! As I mentioned, Saturday was my party at Sunset Lounge, which ended up moving to Nighttown in Cleveland Heights. I rolled in at 4am after breakfast. It was a fun night.

Then I had to leave home at 9:30am for my drive to Columbus. The weather was a little scary, but I arrived safely. A day and a half later, I still haven’t crashed like I believed I would. I think that’s a good sign.

The crash is probably coming though. And I have to be ready when it does.

I think the two main insights I got this weekend were:

1) Don’t drink a huge pink martini just because the bartender suggests it. I will get drunk regardless - even though I’m not trying to. And I won’t be able to let go of the wall for the salsa lesson with Coach Joelle.

2) From our speaker at my AICI meeting, corporate image consultant Linda Thomas. It wasn’t so much what she said and what she taught us, but what she made me realize about my own business.

I’ve realized I am working toward something that is greater than myself. I have my ideas about what that means, but I am not crystal clear about it yet. What I know for sure is that getting my message out to the world is paramount. I have something to say. A real void to fill. It’s all about being smart about we wear, taking the power away from those who try to devalue us, and using our appearance to get what we want out of life – whatever it may be.

I have many ideas but will keep them to myself for the time being. They need to continue to gestate.

Good to see all my friends this weekend! I promise we will do it again soon!!

In the meantime, beware of giant pink martinis!!!

No comments: