Saturday, June 13, 2009

Camouflage Makeup Trick

I'm thrilled that I finally figured out how to use a product I've had in my tool kit for several years now and I think it may be able to help you too.

Since summer is unofficially here (officially, it's 6/21), I'm sure that like me, you're focused on getting your skin in shape since you're probably already showing more of it.

I bought CoverFX's Total Coverage Cream Foundation to use as camouflage makeup. It can be used to cover scars, heavy blemishes, tattoos, etc. I learned to use it almost like paint, where you use a small brush and patiently cover what you need to cover.

But for Miss Impatient, that's too time-consuming.

So I grabbed a thick, flat Cover Girl brush I got for free when I purchased something else and I tapped it in the CoverFX makeup, applied it in a gentle circular motion and covered it with loose powder. I was actually able to make a large patch of discolored skin look almost airbrushed. The large surface area of the brush helped with a consistent (and quick) application.

It took only about 30 seconds and minimal product.

For more severe skin issues, you just alternate the product with loose powder until you have the desired effect.

Pretty cool. And super fast!

The CoverFX makeup line is available at Nordstrom and Sephora and the Cover Girl brush can be purchased separately for around $6.

No comments: