Friday, December 19, 2008

My 'Deep Throat' Memory - huh?

The death of the "real" Deep Throat from 'All the President's Men' brought back an old, repressed memory for me.

I am a Robert Redford fan. He played Bob Woodward in the movie. Remember?

And the actor Hal Holbrook played Deep Throat.

I met Mr. Hol
brook way back in college. He was in town playing Willy Loman in 'Death of a Salesman' along with Steven Webber from 'Wings.'

I asked him what Redford was like. I can't remember his answer. Yes, I am an absolute dork.

Ironically, years later, I trained in wardrobe consulting with one of the people who dressed his wife Dixie Carter on Designing Women.

Probably should have asked him what it was like to be married to a Sugarbaker woman instead....

Maybe I wouldn't have seemed so stupid....


P.S. I also need to plug my favorite Watergate movie 'Dick.' Will Ferrell as Woodward is the best. Have you seen it?

No comments: