Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Rule of Two

I bought a pair of kelly green round-toe pumps today. It's a really odd color that I don't really have in my wardrobe. I made sure I found something that was the same shade while I was still at the store. I bought a little tunic that matched.

I always say that in order to avoid being too "matchy-matchy", one can't repeat an accent color more than three times in their outfit. For me personally, I repeat a color only twice, if I repeat it at all.

When I have an opportunity to wear those fun shoes, I will immediately have something to wear with them, if I decide to match that day.

It makes life much, much easier and you look more cohesive when your clothes and accessories look somewhat intentional. And as I always say, throw in a curve that no one anticipated.

(Hey, I suppose now I have a ready to wear St. Patrick's Day outfit, if I want to go out and drink green beer. No, I've never done that before and I don't really plan to start.)

No comments: