Friday, June 15, 2007

Orange Crush

I don’t quite know what has gotten into me lately. All I want to wear is ORANGE. I seriously have never been attracted to said color in my entire life. I don’t quite know when this started or why. Maybe it happened once spring hit.

Last year, two of the items I particularly loved were my floral purse with teal, orange, and brown (which I dragged out again this year – it just speaks to me) and my white jacket with orange-red, lime and gold flowers (it is really more subdued than it sounds – it is just joyful).

So perhaps those two favorites have inspired me. I want to wear bright, clear oranges. Red-oranges. Anything that is vibrant and orange will do.

In fact, I just bought a red-orange outfit today. Just a skirt and a tank – a base outfit that may look good with a black jacket and some zebra print shoes. (Ha! Thought I was gonna say leopard, didn't you?)

I also bought the brightest orange peasant-style top I have ever seen today. It is so bright I almost can’t stand it.

But I will wear it. Oh yes I will.

And next summer, I will probably look back at this year's purchases and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

But right now, at least, I feel orange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love wearing orange and yellow and red. They give me energy when I need it.

This is a fun blog. I just book marked it.

Arielle