Sunday, March 25, 2007

Madonna for H&M

I asked Kelly to review the H&M spring line M by Madonna for our April newsletter. I decided to take a look at it as well. I had heard it was rather blah, which is surprising for the usually controversial Madge. I was shocked that I loved so many of the pieces, which means that, officially, Madonna has gone soft!

The lines are great, even though most pieces are white or cream or black. Very minimalist, but very classy. And always, the prices are great - which is my biggest concern with their clothes - they aren't high quality. I invest in pieces, and the H&M construction is usually poor. Typically they are 'throw away' clothes. And the Madonna line is so classic that they are things I would love to have around for several years.

I am still baffled by the $99.50 shoe price when some of the dresses are $34.50. See? It's all about the quality.

But that's the H&M philosophy and it certainly is working for them.

So who am I to argue?

No comments: