Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

I am super mega ready for nice weather. As I sit here watching the snow from my window, I want to see sunshine and blue skies and green. Obviously, I live in the wrong part of the country to expect that in February. Well, one day, I will probably split my time between San Diego and Cleveland. But right now, unless I want to book myself on a plane to somewhere else, this is what I have to deal with. Cold and snow and yuk.

Around this time of year, I always get an itch for summer. I would think this should come in March or even April, right? But no, I wish for summer every year when I just can’t take winter anymore. And that is right now - February 13th at 12:30pm. I wish it would go away.

If I could predict it, I could book myself on a trip out of here for a week in the warm weather. But I have no idea when it’s going to strike, and it does so without warning.

I want 75 degrees and sunshine NOW. Is that too much to ask?

I make summer resolutions every year. Maybe it will make me feel better to share two of mine for this summer:

1) Wear more dresses. Dresses are festive and fun. I relate them to parties. I want to have a fun summer that is full of parties. Therefore, I will wear more dresses. I am such a girl, huh?

2) Wear brighter lipstick/lipgloss. I was watching Legally Blonde the other day and was inspired by Elle's pinky coral lipstick. I don't usually wear bright lipstick, so this will be a little adventurous for me. Will look good with a Mystic Tan, not pasty white like I am now.

No comments: